Definition of Genus Piroplasma
1. Noun. Type genus of the family Babesiidae.
Generic synonyms: Protoctist Genus
Group relationships: Babesiidae, Family Babesiidae
Lexicographical Neighbors of Genus Piroplasma
Literary usage of Genus Piroplasma
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Pathology and Differential Diagnosis of Infectious Diseases of Animals by Veranus Alva Moore (1916)
"CHAPTER X DISEASES CAUSED BY PROTOZOA genus Piroplasma General discussion of ... The genus Piroplasma belongs to the order ..."
2. Tropical Diseases: A Manual of the Diseases of Warm Climates by Patrick Manson (1918)
"The genus PIROPLASMA consists of a number of minute oval or rod-like ... The genus Piroplasma has, for convenience sake, been divided into a number of ..."
3. Veterinary Bacteriology: A Treatise on the Bacteria, Yeasts, Molds, and by Robert Earle Buchanan (1911)
"THE genus Piroplasma, OR BABESIA An organism belonging to this genus was first noted by Babes and called by him ..."
4. South African Journal of Science by South African association for the advancement of science (1904)
"... on the description of the parasite of Texas fever. because this is the prototype of the genus piroplasma. and because it ¡days a very important role, ..."
5. The Journal of Comparative Pathology and Therapeutics (1907)
"... according to Laveran and Theiler, belongs to the genus piroplasma, being closely related to the ..."