Definition of Capital of Paraguay
1. Noun. The capital and chief port of Paraguay.
Generic synonyms: Port, National Capital
Group relationships: Paraguay, Republic Of Paraguay
Lexicographical Neighbors of Capital Of Paraguay
Literary usage of Capital of Paraguay
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Capitals of Spanish America by William Eleroy Curtis (1888)
"THE capital of Paraguay. THE population of Paraguay and its products to-day are less than they were one hundred years ago, when the present half-ruined city ..."
2. South America, Social, Industrial, and Political: A Twenty-five-thousand by Frank George Carpenter (1900)
"JOME with me this morning and have a look at the capital of Paraguay. It is now summer; the people are moving about in cottons or linens, and at midday the ..."
3. Sporting Sketches in South America by Sir William Robert Kennedy (1892)
"The capital of Paraguay.—Lopez's Palace.—Fertility of the soil in Paraguay. ... The capital of Paraguay is a straggling, picturesque-looking city, ..."
4. Appletons' Annual Cyclopædia and Register of Important Events of the Year (1869)
"YUS leaving the capital of Paraguay, committed to ir - and there subjected to torture ... the capital of Paraguay, to receive Mr. Washburn and his family, ..."