Definition of Mental measurement
1. Noun. A generic term used to cover any application of measurement techniques to the quantification of mental functions.
Specialized synonyms: Mental Test, Mental Testing, Psychometric Test, Test
Lexicographical Neighbors of Mental Measurement
Literary usage of Mental measurement
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Encyclopedia Americana: A Library of Universal Knowledge (1919)
"The Binet method of measuring intelligence and the hosts of practical psychological tests and special scales for mental measurement which have followed upon ..."
2. Educational Psychology by Edward Lee Thorndike (1921)
"Any numerical statement has meaning only in reference to a concrete scale and its units. THE VARIABILITY OF A mental measurement ..."
3. A Text-book of psychology by Edward Bradford Titchener (1910)
"mental measurement. —The psychological problem of the intensity of sensation is bound up, historically, with a much wider question, the question of the ..."
4. The American Journal of Psychology by Granville Stanley Hall, Edward Bradford Titchener (1920)
"THE LOGIC OF THE NORMAL LAW OF ERROR IN mental measurement By EDWIN G. BORING, Clark University No amount of practically successful " mental measurement ..."
5. The Psychology of Functional Neuroses by Harry Levi Hollingworth (1920)
"CHAPTER XIV mental measurement, METHODS AND STANDARDS Since those familiar with the methods of mental measurement may wish to know in detail the manner in ..."
6. Proportion and Harmony of Line and Color in Painting, Sculpture, and by George Lansing Raymond (1899)
"... of Separating Two Processes in Perception—First, the Unconscious Physical Recognition of Appearances ; Second, the Conscious mental measurement of ..."
7. Teaching The Best Practice Way: Methods That Matter, K-12 by Harvey Daniels, Marilyn Bizar (2005)
"This all changed in 1908 with the invention of mental measurement. ... Among the first uses of mental measurement was the ranking of ethnic groups by ..."