Definition of Fish lure
1. Noun. (angling) any bright artificial bait consisting of plastic or metal mounted with hooks and trimmed with feathers.
Category relationships: Angling
Generic synonyms: Bait, Decoy, Lure
Specialized synonyms: Fly, Jig, Spinner, Troll
Lexicographical Neighbors of Fish Lure
Literary usage of Fish lure
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Trukese-English Dictionary =: Pwpwuken Tettenin Fóós, Chuuk-Ingenes by Ward Hunt Goodenough, Hiroshi Sugita (1980)
"roe, fish eggs. fish lure pake(nu.): feather fish lure. ... feather fish lure used in trolling. fish net ..."
2. Goin' Fishin': Weather and Feed Facts; the Fresh-water Game Fish; the by Carroll Blaine Cook (1920)
"To let it lie dead on the water kills its value as a fish lure. Many strikes are made by the bass the instant the plug hits the surface. ..."
3. The Angler's Note-book and Naturalist's Record: A Repertory of Fact, Inquiry (1880)
"AN AFRICAN fish lure.—It is a common African custom for the fisherman, immediately after throwing in the line, to attract the attention of the fish to the ..."
4. A Glossary of Terms Used in Heraldry by Henry Gough, James Parker (1894)
"See Trumpet. plied to a fish in an erect posi- Hawk, Hawk'» Bell, and Hawk's tion. See under Fish. Lure. See Falcon. Hausse, (fr.): of a chevron fesse, ..."
5. Martinique, Guadeloupe, Dominica & St. Lucia Alive! by Lynne M. Sullivan (2000)
"Natural harbors and protected bays provide ideal anchorages for yachts, and an abundance of fish lure anglers out to the deep sea. ..."
6. Western Field by Olympic Club (San Francisco, Calif.), California Game and Fish Protective Association (1907)
"LOUIS, USA Fish Will Bite Like Hungry WK you use >l:ic , - fish lure. clini all kin.K of fish. If you like to pull out the finny beauties right and left, ..."