Definition of Closed fracture
1. Noun. An uncomplicated fracture in which the broken bones to not pierce the skin.
Generic synonyms: Break, Fracture
Medical Definition of Closed fracture
1. A fracture in which skin is intact at site of fracture. Synonym: simple fracture. (05 Mar 2000)
Lexicographical Neighbors of Closed Fracture
Literary usage of Closed fracture
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Report of the Hundred and Seventeenth Round Table on Transport Economics by ECMT Staff, (Bruxelles) Economic Research Centre, Ecmt, economics Round table on transport, Economic Research Centre (2001)
"DM) closed fracture of the femur 214 Contusio cerebri 158 closed fracture of the tibia 145 Fracture of the vertebrae 120 closed fracture of the foot 89 ..."
2. A Text-book of Fractures and Dislocations: With Special Reference to Their by Kellogg Speed (1916)
"closed fracture may become open fracture in a few days, if the soft parts ... Open fractures may also occur in the course of repair of closed fracture, ..."
3. The Treatment of fractures: With Notes Upon a Few Common Dislocations by Charles Locke Scudder (1915)
"If the wound of an open fracture heals quickly, and there is little comminution of bone, repair will take place as in a closed fracture. ..."
4. First Aid Book (1993)
"Careless or improper handling can convert a closed fracture into an open fracture, ... Damage due to careless handling of a closed fracture may greatly ..."
5. A Complete Handbook for the Sanitary Troops of the U.S. Army and Navy and by Charles Field Mason (1917)
"A simple or closed fracture is one in which the broken bones are closed to the air and to infection in that there is no wound communicating with the ..."
6. The Noaa Diving Manual: Diving for Science and Technology (1992)
"If divers suffer fractures while submerged, they should immediately terminate the dive. Fractures can be classed into two general types. A closed fracture ..."