Definition of Rhamnales
1. Noun. An order of dicotyledonous plants.
Generic synonyms: Plant Order
Group relationships: Class Dicotyledonae, Class Dicotyledones, Class Magnoliopsida, Dicotyledonae, Dicotyledones, Magnoliopsida
Member holonyms: Buckthorn Family, Family Rhamnaceae, Rhamnaceae, Family Vitaceae, Grapevine Family, Vitaceae, Vitidaceae
Lexicographical Neighbors of Rhamnales
Literary usage of Rhamnales
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Nature and Development of Plants by Carlton Clarence Curtis (1918)
"The Buckthorn order, Rhamnales, is very closely allied to the FIG. 321. ... E, flower of the grape (Vitis), a common form of the Rhamnales—ca, calyx, ..."
2. Torreya by Torrey Botanical Club (1908)
"... six orders and the Sapindales and Rhamnales are represented by six orders promiscuously intermingled. The families (orders) of an alliance are also very ..."
3. Magazine of Natural History edited by John Claudius Loudon, Edward Charlesworth, John Denson (1840)
"The Musci of Burmeister take tlie same range. Rhamnales. ... shadow forth the Rhamnales, though much alloyed. ..."
4. Flora of Miami: Being Descriptions of the Seed-plants Growing Naturally on by John Kunkel Small (1913)
"Order Rhamnales. Fruit a capsule : herbs. Order ARISTOLOCHIALES. b. Ovary inferior. Flowers not in involúcrate heads. Fruit 3-winged, splitting into 3 ..."