Definition of Potorous
1. Noun. Potoroos.
Generic synonyms: Mammal Genus
Group relationships: Potoroinae, Subfamily Potoroinae
Member holonyms: Potoroo
Lexicographical Neighbors of Potorous
Literary usage of Potorous
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Catalogue of the Marsupialia and Monotremata in the Collection of the by Oldfield Thomas (1888)
"I l Skull. i I mm. ak. I | Skull. f South Australia. South Australia. 11. Potorous*. Potorous, lirón. N. Diet. </•//. N. ( l ) xxiv. 7>»W. ( TW of specie«. ..."
2. An Introduction to the Mammalian Dentition by Thomas Wingate Todd (1918)
"Potorous is a nocturnal animal living in the scrub jungle and feeding en roots and ... Examination of the photographs shows that the dentition of Potorous ..."
3. The Cambridge Natural History by Sidney Frederick Harmer, Arthur Everett Shipley (1902)
"The last premolar is as in Potorous. Of the genus Potorous there are three ... It progresses in much the same manner as the Kangaroo - Rats (Potorous~), ..."
4. A Natural History of the Mammalia by George Robert Waterhouse (1846)
"Sub-genus 3, Potorous. Potorous. DESMAREST, Nouv. Diet. d'Hist. ... hairs, and exhibiting a scaly skin : muffle naked. i Of the names Potorous and ..."
5. The Sense of Touch in Mammals and Birds: With Special Reference to the by Walter Aubrey Kidd (1907)
"... proximal portion, section longitudinal. Fio. 65.—POTOROO. Potorous ... eminence on heel, section longitudinal. FIG. 64.—POTOROO. Potorous ..."