Definition of Colorado Springs
1. Noun. A city in east central Colorado on the eastern edge of the Rocky Mountains; popular tourist center and site of the United States Air Force Academy.
Lexicographical Neighbors of Colorado Springs
Literary usage of Colorado Springs
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Transactions of the Kansas Academy of Science by Kansas Academy of Science (1908)
"Kansas, Lawrence; May; June, twilight; September, maculata L. Colorado, Colorado Springs ; August. Specimens of this species and of vulgaris L., ..."
2. The History of Political Parties in the Province of New York, 1760-1776 by Carl Lotus Becker (1908)
"He must be a man, moreover, who would be willing to take some personal hazard in the matter, for judging from the reports that had come to Colorado Springs, ..."
3. Report by Colorado, Division of Finance, Dept. of Finances and Taxation (1904)
"... Akron 42.78 Bank of Silverton, Silverton 91.40 Colorado national bank, Denver 296.23 Colorado Title & Trust Company, Colorado Springs 843.75 Capitol ..."
4. History of Colorado by Wilbur Fiske Stone (1918)
"He remained in the Colorado Springs office of that corporation for about four years, ... Subsequently he was with the Colorado Springs Fuel Company for ..."
5. America and Her Problems by George A. Raper (1915)
"Colorado Springs. The canon. The cathedral spires. The prairie. ... Colorado Springs. The Canon WE are still traveling among snow and are slowly scaling the ..."
6. The North American Review by Edward Everett, James Russell Lowell, Henry Cabot Lodge (1891)
"Colorado Springs, COLORADO. TEN QUESTIONS OF VITAL CONCERN. L Which la the most beautiful city in the United States ? 2. Have you any form of pulmonary, ..."