Definition of Coloradan
1. Noun. A native or resident of Colorado.
Lexicographical Neighbors of Coloradan
Literary usage of Coloradan
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Canadian Entomologist by Entomological Society of Canada (1863-1871), Entomological Society of Canada (1951- ), Entomological Society of Ontario (1894)
"This is a Coloradan insect, and flies in the mountains at an elevation of from 5000 to 8000 feet. Up to the present there is no recorded instance of A. ..."
2. Through America: Or, Nine Months in the United States by Walter Gore Marshall (1881)
"Cheyenne is distant 138 miles from the Coloradan capital by this railway, and the " Switzerland of America" is entered about ten miles after leaving the ..."
3. Annual Report by Entomological Society of Ontario, Ontario. Dept. of Agriculture (1894)
"This is a Coloradan insect, and flies in the mountains at an elevation of from 5000 to 8000 ft et. Up to the present there is no recorded instance of IF. ..."
4. Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance, 1999 edited by Barry Leonard (1999)
"OBJECTIVES: To support special emphasis programs to encourage training of Coloradan Native American, African American, Hispanic American, Asian-Pacific ..."
5. The Popular Science Monthly (1891)
"... create an increased demand for food; hence the Coloradan mountaineer is blessed with a keen appetite and vigorous digestion, and, while his store of ..."
6. The Moth Book: A Popular Guide to a Knowledge of the Moths of North America by William Jacob Holland (1903)
"... Smith This is a small genus, which we represent by a figure of the Coloradan insect to which Prof. JB Smith has applied the specific name fulminans. ..."