Definition of Antalya
1. Noun. A port city in southwestern Turkey on the Gulf of Antalya.
Generic synonyms: City, Metropolis, Urban Center, Port
Group relationships: Republic Of Turkey, Turkey
Lexicographical Neighbors of Antalya
Literary usage of Antalya
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Cruising the Mediterranean: A Guide to the Ports of Call by Larry H. Ludmer (2006)
"Many Americans probably have never heard of Antalya, yet the city has grown ... Getting Around: Visitors to Antalya will find that there are two distinct ..."
2. The Kurds of Turkey: killings, disappearances and torture by Lois Whitman, Helsinki Watch (Organization : U.S.) (1993)
"Antalya In Antalya, Helsinki Watch interviewed Ms. R, a middle-aged Kurdish board member of ... We went by bus from Antalya -- about 100 of us rented a bus. ..."
3. Public Organization in Ancient Greece: A Documentary Study by Nicholas F. Jones (1987)
"§33 Antalya, region of An inscription incised on a medallion now in Smyrna, but probably acquired in the region of Antalya, was interpreted by Robert as ..."
4. Turkey by Heike Brockmann, Tim Kelsey, Asli Uler (1998)
"Antalya Boasting over 250 days of sun every year and accessed by a modern international airport, there is little argument that Antalya is the most beautiful ..."
5. Charis: Essays in Honor of Sara A. Immerwahr by Anne Proctor Chapin (2004)
"The second example of this group is a torso fragment from Antalya.36 Although only ... The lappets of the Antalya torso are of the standard type and do not ..."
6. The Inscriptions of Kourion by Terence Bruce Mitford (1971)
"2 This type of pedestal is well illustrated by sundry examples in the Antalya Museum: GE Bean, Inscriptions of the Antalya Museum. ..."