Definition of Acropora
1. Noun. Coelenterate genus of order Madreporaria, including staghorn corals.
Generic synonyms: Coelenterate Genus
Group relationships: Madreporaria, Order Madreporaria
Member holonyms: Stag's-horn Coral, Staghorn Coral
Lexicographical Neighbors of Acropora
Literary usage of Acropora
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Proceedings of the 11th Annual Pacific Climate (PACLIM) Workshop edited by Caroline M. Isaacs, Vera L. Tharp (1995)
"The outer reef flat extends out to the reef I crest, which is slightly elevated above the reef flat and dominated by Acropora. Before the damage by Kina ..."
2. Journal of the Washington Academy of Sciences by Washington Academy of Sciences (1915)
"The total of the weights of 5 specimens of Acropora palmata in 1912 was 745 grams ... According to weight, the specimens of Acropora palmata have grown 3.91 ..."
3. Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington by Biological Society of Washington (1903)
"I overlooked the availability of Oken's Acropora, for the La- ... Verrill is correct, Acropora is the proper generic name. 2. ..."
4. Oil Spill Dispersants: Efficacy And Effects by National Research Council (U. S.) (2005)
"Acropora palmata, Oil (W) not 12 D including DO and 0,6—10 hr, 2 week Montastrea annularis, detailed (1:10) Corexit 9527, recovery and delayed Porites ..."
5. Beiträge zur Geologie von Niederländisch West-indien und angrenzender Gebiete by Leiden (Netherlands). Rijksgeologishc-mineralogisch Museum (1887)
"... acropora is what Esper called Madrepora acropora, and 1 suspect that Gardiner's ... acropora is a different species. The remainder of the synonymy is ..."
6. Proceedings of the American Philosophical Society Held at Philadelphia for by American Philosophical Society (1921)
"I did not find upon the Rose Atoll reef rim a single specimen of branched Acropora related to A. muricata, nor did I see Acropora arcuata or A. ..."