Definition of Lower cannon
1. Noun. Cannon of plate armor protecting the forearm.
Group relationships: Body Armor, Body Armour, Cataphract, Coat Of Mail, Suit Of Armor, Suit Of Armour
Generic synonyms: Cannon
Lower Cannon Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Lower Cannon Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Lower Cannon
Literary usage of Lower cannon
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. History, Directory & Gazeteer, of the County of York: With Select Lists of ...by Edward Baines by Edward Baines (1822)
"... Spring gardens Hanson Kobert, (i, lower cannon st. Allen John and Co. 2, New Cannon at. Allen William, Marsden square mies and Robinson, 4, ..."
2. A Topographical Dictionary of London and Its Environs: Containing by James Elmes (1831)
"... LOWER, Cannon^treet- road, is the first turning on the left hand going from the Commercial-road towards Back-lane, and extending to Duke-street. ..."
3. The Parliamentary Gazetteer of Ireland: Adapted to the New Poor-law (1846)
"... lower cannon, Chute-hall, Springhill, Arabella, Plover-hill, Frogmore-lodge, Oakfield, and Bally- seedy,—the two last the residences of respectively Mr. ..."
4. Reports of Geological Explorations by New Zealand Geological Survey (1892)
"lower cannon-ball sandstone, Taylor's Creek, M., 1878 Xa. 360. Below Lower Cannon-ball sandstone, Taylor's Creek, M., 1878 ... ... ... ... ... Xa. 361. ..."