Definition of Lower case
1. Noun. The minuscule or small letters (a, b, c, as opposed to the uppercase or capital letters, A, B, C). ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Lower Case Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Lower Case Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Lower Case
Literary usage of Lower case
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The American Journal of Psychology by Granville Stanley Hall, Edward Bradford Titchener (1912)
"ROETHLEIN and lower case, when presented as isolated letters. The numbers which appear in these columns represent the averages of the readings of the ..."
2. The Encyclopedia Americana: A Library of Universal Knowledge (1918)
"A pair of cases consists of an upper and a lower case; the upper one has 98 boxes, ... The different sizes of the boxes in the lower case depend upon the ..."
3. International Library of Technology: A Series of Textbooks for Persons by International Textbook Company (1907)
"PLATE, TITLE: LOWER-CASE BOMAN 74. The lower cuse of the four varieties of Roman letters are given on this plate, in order to show the comparative ..."
4. Typographia: an Historical Sketch of the Origin and Progress of the Art of by Thomas Curson Hansard (1825)
"Of Compositor's work—Description of a Fount—Upper Case—lower case ... The Lower-case sorts. The Upper-case sorts are, Capitals, Small Capitals, ..."
5. The Practice of Typography;...: Correct Composition, a Treatise on Spelling by Theodore Low De Vinne (1899)
"26^ lower-case ems to the measure. Open your watch and look at the little wheels ... This wonderful machine is I2J^ ern quadrats to the lower-case alphabet. ..."
6. Printing: A Practical Treatise on the Art of Typography as Applied More by Charles Thomas Jacobi (1908)
"lower case. double cases, upper and lower cases combined, fig. 20, and treble cases, similar to three upper cases all in one, fig. 21, are FlG. 20. ..."