¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Insertional
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Insertional Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Insertional
Literary usage of Insertional
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Novel Systems for the Study of Human Disease: From Basic Research to by OECD Staff, (Paris) Organisation for Economic Co-ope, SourceOECD (Online service) (1998)
"This same strategy, namely insertional mutagenesis is being pursued on cultured cells derived from these mice. Preliminary studies suggest that primary ..."
2. Transposable Elements in Plants: Sponsored CRIS/ICAR Projects and Bibliography by Andrew Kalinski (1995)
"This approach, in conjunction with the more general insertional mutagenesis ... PT: Article DE: zea-mays. induced-mutations. insertional-mutagenesis. ..."
3. The Eye and Nervous System: Their Diagnostic Relations by William Campbell Posey, William Gibson Spiller (1906)
"marked example of insertional overaction is that produced by the operation of advancement. True spasm is that form of overaction produced by excessive ..."
4. A New Classification of the Motor Anomalies of the Eye: Based Upon by Alexander Duane (1897)
"insertional squint or heterophoria, ie that sort of muscular under-action or ... Here by the operation an insertional anomaly is produced; and the weakness ..."
5. Thesaurus conchyliorum, or Monographs of genera of shells by George Brettingham Sowerby (1866)
"Obs. The species upon which this genus is founded, has the peculiarity of a depressed insertional rim, resembling that by which the valves of a Chiton are ..."
6. Biotechnology, Agriculture, And Food Security in Southern Africa by Steven Were Omamo, Klaus von Grebmer (2005)
"... Toxicants y insertional mutagenesis and pleiotropic effects Insertion of Bt gene • into maize (v) Plant growth (v)et Pro-toxin expression in leaves, ..."
7. Activities in Support of Two-Year College Science, Mathematics, Engineering by Robert F. Watson (1995)
"A faculty member at Allegany Community College has been awarded a Research at Undergraduate Institutions (RUI) to study TY insertional Mutagenesis in Yeast. ..."