Definition of Cool jazz
1. Noun. Jazz that is restrained and fluid and marked by intricate harmonic structures often lagging slightly behind the beat.
Cool Jazz Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Cool Jazz Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Cool Jazz
Literary usage of Cool jazz
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Nonfiction Reading Practice, Grade 6 by Ellen Linnihan (2003)
"Swing, bebop, and cool jazz were just a few. Brass and Reed Instruments No matter ... Listening to a solo artist play cool jazz on the piano is relaxing. ..."
2. Adventure Guide to Aruba, Bonaire & Curacao by Lynne M Sullivan (2006)
"Then stay on for a lobster dinner and cool jazz. Friday is "Tapas Night.". TIP: In addition to Belle Terrace and Blues, Avila Beach has a casual patio café ..."
3. Cancun, Cozumel and Riviera Maya Alive by Bruce Conord (2005)
"It features live tropical bands with a full range of Caribbean music — merengue, rumba, salsa, danzon, cumbia, lambada and reggae. cool jazz plays out at ..."
4. Daytrips Holland, Belgium and Luxembourg: 40 One Day Adventures by Rail, Bus by Earl Steinbicker (2006)
"... just south of the Abbey) Dutch and French favorites served with a cool jazz theme. T: (0118) 640-767. €€ De Huifkar (19 Markt, on the square) Both a ..."
5. The Virgin Islands by Lynne Sullivan (2000)
"A variety of bands play most Wednesday- Sunday evenings until 11 pm, and the music may be anything from cool jazz to steamy reggae. ..."
6. Adventure Guide Virgin Islands by Lynne M. Sullivan (2006)
"A variety of bands play most Wednesday-Sunday evenings until 11 pm, and the music may be anything from cool jazz to steamy reggae. ..."
7. Bermuda Alive!by Harriet Greenberg by Harriet Greenberg (2000)
"Gospel one week, cool jazz or a country hoedown on another. It's lots of fun. A local group stages romantic comedies, murder mysteries and gothic thrillers ..."