Definition of Scratch pad
1. Noun. Pad for preliminary or hasty writing or notes or sketches etc. "Scribbling block"
Generic synonyms: Notepad
Lexicographical Neighbors of Scratch Pad
Literary usage of Scratch pad
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Strengthening Policy Analysis: Econometric Tests Using Microcomputer Software by Lawrence James Haddad, Daniel Driscoll (1995)
"From the scratch pad to the Menu and Help System, press p[j). ... LOG contains a log of your commands, and SCRATCH.PAD contains the commands typed or pasted ..."
2. American State Trials: A Collection of the Important and Interesting by John Davison Lawson, Robert Lorenzo Howard (1918)
"... A scratch pad that Conley wrote on; an ordinary white scratch pad. The following affidavit executed by Minola McKnight: Saturday morning, April 26th, ..."
3. Efficiency Arithmetic by Charles Ernest Chadsey, James Hamblin Smith (1920)
"One paint box, 1 spelling blank, 1 Old Glory tablet, 1 rubber-tipped penholder, 1 scratch pad, 1 ink and pencil eraser, 5 one-cent pencils. 4. ..."
4. Efficiency Arithmetic: Intermediate by Charles Ernest Chadsey, James Hamblin Smith (1917)
"One tablet, 2 spelling blanks, 1 scratch pad, 4 one-cent pencils, 2 rulers. 9. Find the total amount of the first day's sales. ..."
5. Houdini's Paper Magic: The Whole Art of Performing with Paper, Including by Harry Houdini (1922)
"On a sheet torn from a scratch pad write the following: "Looking at your ... Begin by passing the scratch pad from which the answer has been torn to one of ..."