Definition of Scratch pad
1. Noun. Pad for preliminary or hasty writing or notes or sketches etc. "Scribbling block"
Lexicographical Neighbors of Scratch Pad
Literary usage of Scratch pad
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Strengthening Policy Analysis: Econometric Tests Using Microcomputer Software by Lawrence James Haddad, Daniel Driscoll (1995)
"From the scratch pad to the Menu and Help System, press p[j). ... LOG contains a log of your commands, and SCRATCH.PAD contains the commands typed or pasted ..."
2. American State Trials: A Collection of the Important and Interesting by John Davison Lawson, Robert Lorenzo Howard (1918)
"... A scratch pad that Conley wrote on; an ordinary white scratch pad. The following affidavit executed by Minola McKnight: Saturday morning, April 26th, ..."
3. Efficiency Arithmetic by Charles Ernest Chadsey, James Hamblin Smith (1920)
"One paint box, 1 spelling blank, 1 Old Glory tablet, 1 rubber-tipped penholder, 1 scratch pad, 1 ink and pencil eraser, 5 one-cent pencils. 4. ..."
4. Efficiency Arithmetic: Intermediate by Charles Ernest Chadsey, James Hamblin Smith (1917)
"One tablet, 2 spelling blanks, 1 scratch pad, 4 one-cent pencils, 2 rulers. 9. Find the total amount of the first day's sales. ..."
5. Houdini's Paper Magic: The Whole Art of Performing with Paper, Including by Harry Houdini (1922)
"On a sheet torn from a scratch pad write the following: "Looking at your ... Begin by passing the scratch pad from which the answer has been torn to one of ..."