Definition of Rana temporaria
1. Noun. A common semiterrestrial European frog.
Medical Definition of Rana temporaria
1. A species of the family ranidae occurring in a wide variety of habitats from within the arctic circle to south africa, Australia, etc. (12 Dec 1998)
Lexicographical Neighbors of Rana Temporaria
Literary usage of Rana temporaria
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Anatomy of the Frog by Alexander Ecker, George Haslam (1889)
"Temporary papillae are developed in the females of rana temporaria during the breeding season ; according to O. Huber (/. e.), who has described them, ..."
2. A Text-book of Zoology by Thomas Jeffery Parker, William Aitcheson Haswell (1921)
"THE COMMON FROG (rana temporaria), OR THE EDIBLE FROG (Rana esculenta). rana temporaria is the common British species of Frog, found in ponds and damp ..."
3. The Journal of Physiology by Physiological Society (Great Britain). (1880)
"rana temporaria (Heidelberg). Right posterior extremity with nerve and plexus ... rana temporaria (Heidelberg). Left anterior extremity prepared with its ..."
4. The Journal of Comparative Neurology and Psychology by Wistar Institute of Anatomy and Biology (1908)
"146, Table 19), that the internodal lengths in Rana pipiens, ranged between 64 and 71 per cent of those found in rana temporaria, the average being 67 per ..."