Definition of Mental capacity
1. Noun. Mental ability. "He's got plenty of brains but no common sense"
Generic synonyms: Intelligence
Derivative terms: Brainy, Mental, Mental
Lexicographical Neighbors of Mental Capacity
Literary usage of Mental capacity
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Study of Women Delinquents in New York State by Mabel Ruth Fernald, Mary Holmes Stevens Hayes, Almena Dawley, Beardsley Ruml (1920)
"Although there is no appreciable correlation between mental capacity and age, ... The correlation between mental capacity measured by Test Aggregate and the ..."
2. South Eastern Reporter by West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals, West Publishing Company, South Carolina Supreme Court (1906)
"To execute either a will or a deed the party must have sufficient mental capacity to understand what property he is disposing of, the person to whom he is ..."
3. When the Victim Is a Child by Debra Whitcomb (1992)
"In children as well as adults, comprehending the oath and the repercussions of telling a lie does not guarantee honesty.9 mental capacity Little is known ..."
4. Appletons' Popular Science Monthly by William Jay Youmans (1896)
"It has, however, recently become possible to reach fairly approximate conclusions concerning mental capacity, such as other- ..."
5. The Trend of the Races by George Edmund Haynes (1922)
"Evidence of mental capacity in the Negro. The test of mental capacity and temperamental efficiency is the use of the mind.1 The evidence of such capacity ..."
6. A Treatise on the Law of Criminal Evidence: Including the Rules Regulating by Harry Clay Underhill (1898)
"mental capacity to know right and wrong as a test of insanity. 155. Uncontrollable impulse and insane delusions. 156. Presumption of continuance of insanity ..."
7. A Treatise on the Law of Personal Property by James Schouler (1896)
"The Same Subject: Role of mental capacity applied. — In the first place, there should be sufficient mental capacity. But the law presumes mental competency ..."