2. Preposition. After. ¹
3. Preposition. (nonstandard spelling of apres) ¹
4. Preposition. (nonstandard spelling of après) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Apres
1. after [prep] - See also: after
Lexicographical Neighbors of Apres
Literary usage of Apres
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Publications by English Dialect Society (1850)
"... boute-feux dans toute cette affaire," that is of Lord Melfort, " & montra dans la suite de quoi il etoit capable; car, apres la bataille de la Boyne, ..."
2. Journal of the American Chemical Society by American Chemical Society (1897)
"TRAITE DE CHIMIE ORGANIQUE D'apres LES THEORIES MODERNES. BY A. BEHAL. With a preface by M. CH. FRIEDEL. VOL. i, ALIPHATIC COMPOUNDS. xv + ..."
3. Library of the World's Best Literature, Ancient and Modern by Charles Dudley Warner (1896)
"apres TROIS ANS WHEN I had pushed the narrow garden-door, Once more I stood within the green retreat; Softly the morning sunshine lighted it. ..."