Definition of Turritis
1. Noun. Closely related to and often included in genus Arabis.
Generic synonyms: Dilleniid Dicot Genus
Group relationships: Brassicaceae, Cruciferae, Family Brassicaceae, Family Cruciferae, Mustard Family
Member holonyms: Arabis Glabra, Tower Cress, Tower Mustard, Turritis Glabra
Lexicographical Neighbors of Turritis
Literary usage of Turritis
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. English Botany, Or, Coloured Figures of British Plants, with Their Essential ...by James Sowerby, James Edward Smith by James Sowerby, James Edward Smith (1799)
"Turritis glabra. Linn. Sp. PI. 930. Sm. Fl. Brit. 715. Hudf. 291. ... Turritis. Rail Sjn. 293. by AB Lambert Efq. and Mr. ..."
2. A Botanical Materia Medica by Jonathan Stokes (1812)
"Calyx erect, connivent. Petals erect. Obs. 2837. L. 1. Turritis glabra. ... Turritis. Rail syn. 293; //«/.799. Lob.ic.i. 220, repr. in Ger. by Johns. ..."
3. A Hand-book to the Order Lepidoptera by William Forsell Kirby (1896)
"It differs from the true E. turritis by its smaller size, and by having the costa dotted with black. The females resemble small females of E. cardamines, ..."
4. Memoirs of the Torrey Botanical Club by Torrey Botanical Club (1894)
"[TuRRiTis L. Sp. PI. 666 (1753).] 1933. Arabis alpina L. Sp. PI. 664 (1753). 1934. ... Turritis brachycarpa T. & G. Fl. NA i : 79 (1838). ..."