Definition of Trionychidae
1. Noun. Soft-shelled turtles.
Generic synonyms: Reptile Family
Group relationships: Chelonia, Order Chelonia, Order Testudinata, Order Testudines, Testudinata, Testudines
Member holonyms: Pancake Turtle, Soft-shelled Turtle, Genus Trionyx, Trionyx
Lexicographical Neighbors of Trionychidae
Literary usage of Trionychidae
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Check List of North American Amphibians and Reptiles by Leonhard Stejneger, Thomas Barbour (1917)
"RANGE: Tropical Pacific Ocean; coasts of Lower California and Southern California. Trionychidae (FAMILY) ... Trionychidae ..."
2. The Encyclopaedia Britannica: “a” Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature edited by Hugh Chisholm (1911)
"N. America: Chelydridae and Trionychidae, but only E. of the Rockies. Africa: Trionychidae and ... India and Eurasia: Trionychidae and Testudinidae. ..."
3. The Encyclopedia Britannica: A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature and by Hugh Chisholm (1911)
"Africa: Trionychidae and ... India and Eurasia: Trionychidae and Testudinidae. ... The Trionychidae reveal themselves as of ..."
4. The Cambridge Natural History by Arthur Everett Shipley, Sidney Frederic Harmer (1901)
"Geographical distribution of Trionychidae and ... Asia has at least Testudinidae and Trionychidae, and in addition the solitary Pluty sternum in Indo-China, ..."
5. The Encyclopaedia Britannica: A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature and (1911)
"... and in the Trionychidae. The neck is short and non- retract lie. Length of shell about 18 in. Super-family 3. ..."
6. Journal of Morphology by Wistar Institute of Anatomy and Biology (1891)
"E In the Trionychidae we have a stage still more advanced than that seen in the ... I also believe that the young or embryonic Trionychidae will show the ..."