Definition of Naval Special Warfare
1. Noun. The agency that provides units to conduct unconventional and counter-guerilla warfare.
Group relationships: Navy, United States Navy, Us Navy, Usn
Generic synonyms: Agency, Authority, Bureau, Federal Agency, Government Agency, Office
Member holonyms: Navy Seal, Seal
Lexicographical Neighbors of Naval Special Warfare
Literary usage of Naval Special Warfare
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Special Operations Forces: An Assessment by John M. Collins (1994)
"Naval Special Warfare: Naval activities that usually are unorthodox and often are ... Naval Special Warfare Forces: Those Active and Reserve Component naval ..."
2. Navy Seal Physical Fitness Guideedited by Patricia A. Deuster edited by Patricia A. Deuster (1998)
"She also organized the first Naval Special Warfare Spots Medicine conference held May 1994. Recommendations from this conference are documented in Naval ..."
3. Environmental Information for Naval Warfare by National Academy of Engineering, Inc NetLibrary (2003)
"... Intelligence, Surveillance C4ISR and Reconnaissance Operations Other Than War OOTW Naval Special Warfare NSW Strategic Deterrence and Weapons of Mass ..."
4. U.S. Special Operations Forces: 1996 Posture Statement by H. Allen Holmes, Henry H. Shelton (1998)
"The group is the source of all deployed naval special warfare forces and administratively supports the naval special warfare units assigned to the theater ..."