Definition of Lacey
1. Proper noun. (surname Norman habitational from=Old French dot=) from a place ''Lassy'' in Calvados. ¹
2. Proper noun. (surnames male given name), transferred from the surname, mostly in the nineteenth century. ¹
3. Proper noun. (surnames female given name) of modern usage. ¹
4. Adjective. (alternative spelling of lacy) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Lacey
1. lacy [adj LACIER, LACIEST] - See also: lacy
Lexicographical Neighbors of Lacey
Literary usage of Lacey
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A History of the Old Town of Stratford and the City of Bridgeport, Connecticut by Samuel Orcutt (1886)
"9 mo, In memory of Eunice, wile of John Lacey, who died Feb. 17, 1840, aged 56 years. In memory of Mr. John Lacey, who departed year of his age. this Lile ..."
2. Reports of Cases Argued and Determined in the Supreme Court of the State of by Michigan Supreme Court, Samuel Townsend Douglass (1878)
"Lacey. Where the transaction, on its face, Imports the reservation of excessive interest, then is no room left for presumption; the intent is apparent. ..."
3. King's Mountain and Its Heroes: History of the Battle of King's Mountain by Lyman Copeland Draper, Anthony Allaire (1881)
"Lacey and Other "Whigs.—British and Tory Leaders. Lacey, Hawthorne, Tate, and Moffett. ... Edward Lacey was born in Shippensburg township, Pennsylvania, ..."
4. Pennsylvania Archives by Pennsylvania Dept. of Public Instruction, Pennsylvania State Library (1853)
"favour of) Col. Smith, j LETTER B. GEN. Lacey TO VP ... with the greatest Respect your most obd' hum"' Sers', JOHN Lacey, BG Directed, On public Service. ..."
5. The State Records of North Carolina by North Carolina, William Laurence Saunders, Walter Clark, Stephen Beauregard Weeks (1910)
"Lacey, Christopher, recommended for promotion, 11. 716. Lacey, Grace, imported ... Lacey, Joshua, army pay, 17. 227. Lacey, Patrick, on SC of Pitt, 1O. 61. ..."
6. Ruling Cases by Irving Browne, Leonard Augustus Jones, James Tower Keen, John Melville Gould (1894)
"Lacey v. Hill. Crowley s Claim. - Rule. 50 Ani. Dec. 632); or is authorised to settle claims at a given sum and obtains a reduction (Rochester v. ..."
7. Legislation for the Protection of Birds Other Than Game Birds by Theodore Sherman Palmer (1900)
"THE Lacey ACT. The Lacey bill was first introduced in the House by Hon. John F. Lacey, of Iowa, on July 1, 1897.1 Its object was to aid in the propagation ..."
8. The Law Reports by Great Britain Court of Chancery, George Wirgman Hemming (1866)
"as Lacey had not sufficient capital, in order to secure- the unpaid V.-CK purchase-money the agreement was carried out by means of an 1866 underlease, ..."