Definition of Denali
1. Noun. A mountain in south central Alaska; the highest peak in North America (20,300 feet high).
Group relationships: Ak, Alaska, Last Frontier, Alaska Range
Generic synonyms: Mountain Peak
Lexicographical Neighbors of Denali
Literary usage of Denali
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Adventure Guide to the Alaska Highway by Ed Readicker-Henderson (2006)
"The Denali Outskirts The closer you get to the park entrance, the more places there are ready to cater to your whims. This area is one of the fastest ..."
2. The Great American Wilderness: Touring America's National Parks by Larry H. Ludmer (2000)
"But Denali National Park is more than just this single peak. ... Numerous glaciers, including the largest in the United States, are a part of the Denali ..."
3. Cruising Alaska: A Traveler's Guide to Cruising Alaskan Waters & Discovering by Larry H. Ludmer (2001)
"Denali today is known as much for its diverse wildlife as for the "High One," which is the ... Denali also covers a number of different environmental zones, ..."
4. Nature's Strongholds: The World's Great Wildlife Reserves by Laura Riley, William Riley (2005)
"... STATES Denali NATIONAL PARK Denali National Park in Alaska was created as a sanctuary to protect graceful little Dalí mountain sheep from overhunting. ..."