Definition of Ticket collector
1. Noun. Someone who is paid to admit only those who have purchased tickets.
Generic synonyms: Door Guard, Doorkeeper, Doorman, Gatekeeper, Hall Porter, Ostiary, Porter
Ticket Collector Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Ticket Collector Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Ticket Collector
Literary usage of Ticket collector
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. South Eastern Reporter by West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals, West Publishing Company, South Carolina Supreme Court (1912)
"Where a passenger was caused to leave the train by misinformation of the carrier's ticket collector that he might take a later train and reach his ..."
2. Supreme Court Reporter by Robert Desty, United States Supreme Court, West Publishing Company (1916)
"When he presented these tickets for the transportation of himself and his wife, the ticket collector asked if he had mileage books, and required him to ..."
3. The Scots Digest of the Cases Decided in the Supreme Courts of Scotland: And by John Condie Stewart Sandeman (1905)
"—A passenger who had been removed from a train in consequence of a disagreement with a ticket-collector as to her ticket, sued the company on two ..."
4. Railway Property: A Treatise on the Construction and Management of Railways by John Bloomfield Jorvis (1872)
"In large towns a different course is pursued : about one mile from the station, a ticket collector gets on the train and collects the tickets, ..."
5. The Science of Railways by Marshall Monroe Kirkman (1907)
"In large towns a different course is pursued; about one mile from the station a ticket collector gets on the train and collects the tickets, the train being ..."
6. Reports of All the Cases Decided by All the Superior Courts Relating to by Great Britain Magistrates' cases, Edward William Cox (1882)
"London and South-Western Railway Company for departure to Staines, when a ticket collector in the employ of the South-Eastern Railway Company demanded to ..."
7. Reports of Cases Argued and Determined in the Court of Queen's Bench, and by Thomas Flower Ellis, Francis Ellis, Great Britain Court of Exchequer Chamber (1867)
"The ticket collector thereupon took him to the ticket office, where he explained the mistake. Thence the collector took him to defendants' paid inspector of ..."