Definition of Steel engraving
1. Noun. An impression taken from an engraved steel plate.
2. Noun. Engraving on a steel plate.
3. Noun. The act of engraving on a steel plate.
Steel Engraving Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Steel Engraving Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Steel Engraving
Literary usage of Steel engraving
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Encyclopedia Americana: A Library of Universal Knowledge (1918)
"steel engraving.— The introduction of soft steel (1822) by Thomas Lupton for ... The stages ("trial states") through which a steel engraving progresses to ..."
2. How to Appreciate Prints by Frank Weitenkampf (1908)
"The reason for the misapplication of the term " steel engraving " is no doubt to be ... For many years the steel engraving seems to have held preeminence in ..."
3. Publications of the Astronomical Society of the Pacific by Astronomical Society of the Pacific (1892)
"steel engraving OF THE GREAT TELESCOPE. The frontispiece of this number of the Publications is an impression from a steel engraving of the 36-inch telescope ..."
4. Chats on Old Prints by Arthur Hayden (1906)
"... X steel engraving—NINETEENTH CENTURY The first use of steel in 1820—The commercial value of steel in yielding more impressions—Its effect on the style ..."