Definition of Steel plate
1. Noun. A plate of steel.
Steel Plate Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Steel Plate Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Steel Plate
Literary usage of Steel plate
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Nature by Nature Publishing Group, Norman Lockyer (1883)
"The actual penetrations were from 3^ to 5 inches in the steel-faced plates, and 8j inches in the steel plate, showing that the actual superiority of all the ..."
2. Encyclopaedia Britannica, a Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature and edited by Hugh Chisholm (1910)
"Compound armour possessed the advantages of a harder face than was then possible in a homogeneous steel plate, while, on the other hand, the back was softer ..."
3. The Encyclopedia Americana: A Library of Universal Knowledge (1918)
"As a result a compound armor plate was developed in England and an all steel plate in France. In 1889 nickel was introduced in steel and a plate of great ..."
4. The New International Encyclopædia edited by Daniel Coit Gilman, Harry Thurston Peck, Frank Moore Colby (1902)
"The lower plate is placed in the furnace; iron bars are placed around the edge forming a berm, and the steel plate laid on the bars. ..."
5. Journal by Iron and Steel Institute (1892)
"Further experiments will be made with these plates, t Armour-plate tests were made at Indian Head, on October 31 last, with a low-carbon nickel-steel plate ..."
6. The Annual of Scientific Discovery, Or, Year-book of Facts in Science and Art. by David Ames Wells, George Bliss, Samuel Kneeland, John Trowbridge, Wm Ripley Nichols, Charles R Cross (1866)
"By the action oí tlie steel the copper is reduced from the sulphate, and all portions of the steel plate not protected by the ink are instantly covered with ..."
7. Handbook of Building Construction: Data for Architects, Designing and by George Albert Hool, Nathan Clarke Johnson (1920)
"The section of steel plate must be sufficient for tension, and for bearing ... Net section of steel plate — 40000 15000 Assume two 13-^-in bolts in pairs. ..."