2. Adjective. (rail transport of a rail vehicle) parked ¹
3. Verb. (past of stable) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Stabled
1. stable [v] - See also: stable
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Stabled Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Stabled
Literary usage of Stabled
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Dictionary of National Biography by LESLIE. STEPHEN (1885)
"... perfect notion of the queen's personal appearance ; but the head-dress was removed hy Cromwell's soldiers when they stabled their horses in the abbey. ..."
2. Cyclopaedia of English Literature: A Selection of the Choicest Productions by Robert Chambers (1847)
"... it was ane glore to see Tb« stabled windis, and the calmed sea, The >oft season, the firmament serene, ..."
3. Mores Catholici: Or, Ages of Faith by Kenelm Henry Digby (1894)
"... stabled at the altars of Christ, and ihe relics of martyrs dug up and dis- ]>ersed !"* Even the raving Burton says, "Mel hi n les our too zealous ..."