Definition of Stable gear
1. Noun. Gear for a horse.
Specialized synonyms: Bit, Caparison, Housing, Trapping, Cinch, Girth, Hame, Harness, Headgear, Martingale, Horse Blanket, Saddle Blanket, Saddlecloth, Yoke
Generic synonyms: Appurtenance, Gear, Paraphernalia
Derivative terms: Saddle
Stable Gear Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Stable Gear Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Stable Gear
Literary usage of Stable gear
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Battle of Tofrek: Fought Near Suâkin, March 22nd, 1885, Under Major by William Galloway (1887)
"They will continue to supply themselves with the ordinary clothing, equipment, saddlery, and stable gear for their horses, but articles of extra clothing ..."
2. Stable Management and Exercise: A Book for Horse-owners and Students / by M by Matthew Horace Hayes (1900)
"... and stable gear into brown leather, black leather, patent leather, enamelled leather, serge and linen covered panels, steel, iron, alloys of nickel, ..."
3. The Journal of Comparative Pathology and Therapeutics (1893)
"to apply parasiticides to the stable walls, partitions, etc., not forgetting saddlery, harness, blankets, stable gear, grooming kit, and wagons ; and if the ..."
4. All the Year Round: A Weekly Journal by Charles Dickens (1879)
"Come, Rorie, let us see your latest improvements in stable gear." They all went out to the stone-paved quadrangle, which was as neatly kept as a West End ..."
5. The Journal of Comparative Pathology and Therapeutics (1892)
"ie, to apply parasiticides to the stable walls, partitions, etc., not forgetting saddlery, harness, blankets, stable gear, grooming kit, and wagons ; and if ..."