Definition of Pyorrhea alveolaris
1. Noun. Chronic periodontitis; purulent inflammation of the teeth sockets.
Generic synonyms: Periodontal Disease, Periodontitis
Specialized synonyms: Pericementoclasia
Pyorrhea Alveolaris Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Pyorrhea Alveolaris Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Pyorrhea Alveolaris
Literary usage of Pyorrhea alveolaris
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Handbook of Therapy by Oliver Thomas Osborne, Morris Fishbein (1920)
"pyorrhea alveolaris GENERAL CONSIDERATIONS The occurrence of pyorrhea ... By pyorrhea alveolaris is meant a condition in which pus to a greater or less ..."
2. Handbook of Therapy by Oliver Thomas Osborne, Morris Fishbein (1918)
"pyorrhea alveolaris GENERAL CONSIDERATIONS The occurrence of pyorrhea alveolaris varies among different classes of people. At present the care of the teeth ..."
3. Modern Dental Materia Medica, Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Including the by John Peter Buckley (1910)
"pyorrhea alveolaris. GENERAL CONSIDERATIONS. Because of the customary use of the term, and for want of a better one, this much-named disease has been called ..."
4. A Text-book of the practice of medicine by James Meschter Anders, John Herr Musser (1917)
"The notched and irregular teeth of hereditary syphilis in children (Hutchinson) are sufficiently distinctive. pyorrhea alveolaris (Riggs' Disease, ..."
5. Oral Sepsis in Its Relationship to Systemic Disease by William Waddell Duke (1918)
"The successful treatment of pyorrhea depends upon the removal of each abnormal condition which takes part in its etiology. Causes of pyorrhea alveolaris 1. ..."
6. Chemical Abstracts by American Chemical Society (1915)
"The treatment of pyorrhea alveolaris and its secondary systemic ... Use of mercuric succin- imide in treatment of 56 cases of pyorrhea alveolaris gave ioof ..."