Definition of Power company
1. Noun. A public utility that provides electricity.
Generic synonyms: Public Utility, Public Utility Company, Public-service Corporation, Utility
Power Company Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Power Company Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Power Company
Literary usage of Power company
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Annual Report by New Jersey Civil Service Commission (1910)
"Atlantic Light and power company. Ausable Valley Light, Heat and power company. ... Genesee Valley power company. Glen Cove Light and power company. ..."
2. Supreme Court Reporter by Robert Desty, United States Supreme Court, West Publishing Company (1921)
"The incorporation of a power company under the general laws of the state was not an impairment of the contract rights of a power company previously ..."
3. South Eastern Reporter by West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals, West Publishing Company, South Carolina Supreme Court (1922)
"The original contract between the Albany Power & Manufacturing Company (hereinafter referred to as the Albany power company) and the city of Albany, ..."
4. Convention by National Electric Light Association Convention, National Independent Meat Packers Association, University of Georgia College of Agriculture, University of Georgia Dept. of Food Science (1906)
"MICHIGAN ADRIAN, Citizens' Light and power company ANN ARBOR, Washtenaw Light and power company BIG RAPIDS, WE Donley Electric Light and power company ..."
5. The Encyclopedia Americana: A Library of Universal Knowledge (1920)
"Undoubtedly the dominant power interests in the State are those of the Tennessee power company. This company, beside owning the three water powers above, ..."
6. The Encyclopedia Americana: A Library of Universal Knowledge (1918)
"Under franchises granted by the province of Ontario 405000 horse power is to be developed at Niagara Falls, 100000 by the Canadian Niagara power company, ..."