Definition of Metadata
1. Noun. Data about data. "A library catalog is metadata because it describes publications"
Definition of Metadata
1. Noun. Data that describes other data, serving as an informative label. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Metadata Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Metadata
Literary usage of Metadata
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Making of America II Testbed Project: A Digital Library Service Model by Bernard J. Hurley (1999)
""Structural metadata is metadata that describes the types, versions, relationships and other characteristics of digital materials" (Arms, Blanchi, ..."
2. SAS 9.1.3 Language Reference: Concepts by SAS Institute (2005)
"For information about how to use the Information Maps engine, see Base SAS Guide to Information Maps. SAS metadata LIBNAME Engine The ..."
3. A Kaleidoscope of Digital American Literature by Martha L. Brogan, Daphnée Rentfrow (2005)
"Other types of metadata include preservation, technical, and rights management (though the latter is sometimes included as a subset of administrative ..."
4. The New Everyday: Views on Ambient Intelligenceby Emile H. L. Aarts, Stefano Marzano by Emile H. L. Aarts, Stefano Marzano (2003)
"Content can therefore be divided into raw content and metadata, ... metadata Consider a large collection of items, such as video films, music tracks or ..."
5. Base SAS(R) 9.1.3 Procedures Guide, Second Edition, Volumes 1-4 by Sas Institute (2006)
"... 11 CHAPTER 30 The metadata Procedure Information about the metadata Procedure Information about the metadata Procedure See: For documentation about the ..."
6. SAS(R) 9.1.3 ETL Studio:: User's Guide by SAS Publishing, SAS Institute (2004)
"After the SAS metadata Server has been started, administrators can connect to the server, create a metadata repository, and start entering metadata. ..."
7. Technical Guidelines for Digitizing Archival Materials for Electronic Access by Steven T. Puglia, Jeffrey Reed, Erin Rhodes (2005)
"Meta-metadata documents information such as who records the metadata, ... It is important to note that metadata files yield "master" records as well. ..."