Definition of Golf shot
1. Noun. The act of swinging a golf club at a golf ball and (usually) hitting it.
Generic synonyms: Shot, Stroke
Specialized synonyms: Downswing, Fade, Slice, Slicing, Draw, Hook, Hooking, Drive, Driving, Explosion, Putt, Putting, Approach, Approach Shot, Sclaff, Shank, Teeoff
Derivative terms: Swing
Golf Shot Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Golf Shot Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Golf Shot
Literary usage of Golf shot
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Golf Resorts: Where to Play in the USA, Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica & the by Jim Nicol, Barbara Nicol (2001)
"... lined with love grass, sea oats, wildflowers and bushes - all of which can destroy a golf shot. Water forms additional challenges on 13 holes. ..."
2. Chick Evans' Golf Book by Charles Evans (1921)
"Force is the dominant idea of the baseball player, while control and placement give the ideal golf shot. Strength lies in the palm and such a grip may ..."
3. Great Golfers: Their Methods at a Glance by George William Beldam, Harold H. Hilton (1904)
"But, possibly for this very reason, there is all the more need of greater attention to the timing of the golf shot. And some one may say, what is timing ? ..."
4. Great Golfers: Their Methods at a Glance by George William Beldam, Harold H. Hilton (1904)
"... there is all the more need of greater attention to the timing of the golf shot. And some one may say, what is timing ? Surely nothing more nor less than ..."
5. Golf Facts for Young People by Francis Ouimet (1921)
"If ever in my life a golf shot gave me satisfaction, it was that one. It did more—it created ambition. I can remember thinking that if I could get over the ..."
6. A Little Bit Over a Long Period of Time by Phillip Crone (2006)
"A person who gloats too much and acts like they just won the lottery after making a great golf shot probably has his priorities in the wrong place as well. ..."
7. New Rational Athletics for Boys and Girls by Frederick Joseph Reilly (1917)
"... in Tennis Chinning the Bar (placing the ball Combination Dip within a given space) Trunk Lifting Driving in golf shot Put Putting in Golf ..."
8. The Badminton Magazine of Sports & Pastimes edited by Alfred Edward Thomas Watson (1901)
"You want the golf shot ?' ' Certainly.' ' And the scoop towards third man ?' ' If you please.' ' Right!' He proceeded to the wicket and made ninety without ..."