Definition of Factor IV
1. Noun. Ion of calcium; a factor in the clotting of blood.
Generic synonyms: Atomic Number 20, Ca, Calcium, Clotting Factor, Coagulation Factor
Medical Definition of Factor IV
1. In the clotting of blood, calcium ions. (05 Mar 2000)
Factor IV Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Factor IV Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Factor IV
Literary usage of Factor IV
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Treatise on the Theory of Functions by James Harkness, Frank Morley (1893)
"1*, the series stopping when the lowest terms in zm^ and w' contain a factor iv', and when the expansion is to be continued with regard to this factor. ..."
2. Elementary algebra by James Hamblin Smith (1882)
"... expressions by any number which does not introduce or remove a common factor. IV. If the given expressions have a common factor which can be seen by ..."
3. The American Journal of Psychology by Edward Bradford ( Titchener, Granville Stanley Hall (1918)
"Color is weaker than size as a unit making factor. IV. Direction : Direction is a distracting influence and is able to break a unit. ..."