Definition of Adult education
1. Noun. A course (via lectures or correspondence) for adults who are not otherwise engaged in formal study.
Adult Education Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Adult Education Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Adult Education
Literary usage of Adult education
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Adult Literacy And New Technologies: Tools For A Lifetime by Office of Technology Assessment (1994)
"The main engines of the Federal role in adult education are the categorical grant programs—chief among them the adult education Act (AEA)—that support adult ..."
2. Adult Literacy Education: Current & Future Directions by Hanna Arlene Fingeret (1994)
"Durham, NC: Training and Development Resources, 1990. US Department of Education. Model Indicators of Program Quality for adult education Programs. ..."
3. An Almanack for the Year of Our Lord by Joseph Whitaker (1869)
"D. adult education adult education Is carried on In the United Kingdom by universities ... The Universities Council for adult education, consisting of two ..."
4. Promoting Adult Learning by Kōji Miyamoto (2005)
"Popular adult education: promote social well-being and strengthen democratic ... Adult Learning and the Future Development of adult education (Government ..."