Definition of Silver City
1. Noun. A town in southwestern New Mexico.
Silver City Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Silver City Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Silver City
Literary usage of Silver City
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Auk: Quarterly Journal of Ornithology by American Ornithologists' Union, Nuttall Ornithological Club (1876)
"THE following field notes were recorded within a ten miles radius, taking Silver City as the center. The period of time covered was between the first of ..."
2. The Black Hills, Or, The Last Hunting Ground of the Dakotahs: A Complete by Annie D. Tallent (1899)
"CASTLETON, SITTING BULL, AND Silver City. There are a few other mining camps in ... Silver City was early brought into prominence by the discovery of ..."
3. Report of J. Ross Browne on the Mineral Resources of the States and by John Ross Browne (1868)
"Silver City is the largest town in Owyhee. It is a picturesque village, neatly packed away among the mountains, in Jordan'» canon, with mines, quartz mills, ..."
4. Mexico, the Wonderland of the South by William English Carson (1909)
"It is to its great mining industry that Guanajuato owes its existence and its prosperity, and to-day it is popu- larly known as "the silver city. ..."
5. Resources of the Pacific Slope: A Statistical and Descriptive Summary of the by John Ross Browne, Alexander Smith Taylor (1869)
"Silver City is the largest town in Owyhee. It is a picturesque village, neatly packed away among the mountains, in Jordan's canon, with mines, quartz mills, ..."