Definition of Silver State
1. Noun. A state in the southwestern United States.
Terms within: Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, Capital Of Nevada, Carson City, Las Vegas, Reno, Black Rock Desert, Death Valley, Lake Tahoe, Colorado, Colorado River
Group relationships: Southwest, Southwestern United States, America, The States, U.s., U.s.a., United States, United States Of America, Us, Usa
Generic synonyms: American State
Silver State Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Silver State Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Silver State
Literary usage of Silver State
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Thirty Years' War on Silver: Money Scientifically Treated and Logically by Adolphus Leigh Fitzgerald (1903)
"Who wonders that Nevada is a " silver State ? " rather, who should not wonder that any patriotic ... EVERY PATRIOTIC STATE SHOULD BE A Silver State.— Why ? ..."
2. Through Cities and Prairie Lands: Sketches of an American Tour by Duffus Hardy (1881)
"THE Silver State. Snowed in—Indians—Journey to Denver—A Forage for a Supper —" Crazed "—Domestic Difficulties—Colorado Springs—Cheyenne Canon—The "Garden of ..."
3. The School of Mines Quarterly by Columbia University School of Chemistry (1911)
"As sources of silver there were in 1908 no very great differences among Montana (a copper-silver state), Colorado (a silver and lead-silver state), ..."
4. The School of Mines Quarterly by Columbia University School of Chemistry (1911)
"Utah (both a lead-silver and a copper-silver state) afforded about five sixths Montana's output; and Idaho (a lead- silver state) about three fourths ..."