Definition of European Community
1. Noun. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members. "He tried to take Britain into the Europen Union"
Generic synonyms: Global Organization, International Organisation, International Organization, World Organisation, World Organization
Member holonyms: Danmark, Denmark, Kingdom Of Denmark, Kingdom Of Sweden, Sverige, Sweden, Deutschland, Federal Republic Of Germany, Frg, Germany, Finland, Republic Of Finland, Suomi, Ellas, Greece, Hellenic Republic, Italia, Italian Republic, Italy, Austria, Oesterreich, Republic Of Austria, Belgique, Belgium, Kingdom Of Belgium, Britain, Great Britain, U.k., Uk, United Kingdom, United Kingdom Of Great Britain And Northern Ireland, Eire, Ireland, Irish Republic, Republic Of Ireland, France, French Republic, Holland, Kingdom Of The Netherlands, Nederland, Netherlands, The Netherlands, Grand Duchy Of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, Luxemburg, Portugal, Portuguese Republic, Espana, Kingdom Of Spain, Spain
Derivative terms: European
European Community Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: European Community Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of European Community
Literary usage of European Community
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. An Almanack for the Year of Our Lord by Joseph Whitaker (1869)
"ECONOMIC CO-OPERATION IN EUROPE European Community ECSC Rue ... The European Community is an economic union of six European nations, namely Belgium. ..."
2. Germany, Garbage and the Green Dot: Challenging the Throwaway Society by Bette K. Fishbein (1996)
"Waste Policy in the European Community The European Community consists of 12 member states: Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom, France, Spain, ..."
3. National Tests: What Other Countries Expect Their Students To Know by Lynne V. Cheney, National Endowment for the Humanities (1991)
"Written examinations are developed by the Board of Inspectors, which consists of one inspector per member European Community ..."
4. War Crimes in Bosnia-Hercegovina by Helsinki Watch (Organization : U.S.), Helsinki Watch, Helsinki Watch (Organization : U.S., Ivana Nizich (1993)
"The European Community In general, the European Community has focused ... The European Community Monitoring Mission An EC monitoring mission which was ..."
5. Agricultural Protection in OECD Countries: Its Cost to Less-developed Countries by Alberto Valdés, Joachim Zietz (1980)
"This analysis treats the European Community as a single aggregate in a manner ... In practical terms this means that the trade between European Community ..."
6. Export Credit Financing Systems in Oecd Member and Non-Member Countries by OECD Staff, Daiana Cipollone (2001)
"S ANNEX III European Community PROCEDURES CONCERNING EXPORT CREDITS Information on Community legislation and procedures in respect of ..."