Definition of Colutea
1. Noun. Small genus of Eurasian shrubs with yellow flowers and bladdery pods.
Generic synonyms: Rosid Dicot Genus
Group relationships: Papilionoideae, Subfamily Papilionoideae
Member holonyms: Bladder Senna, Colutea Arborescens
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Colutea Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Colutea
Literary usage of Colutea
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Flower Garden, Or, Breck's Book of Flowers: In which are Described All by Joseph Breck (1858)
"Colutea. Bladder Senna. Colutea, an ancient name of a bush with sweet-scented flowers. The genus includes a number of species of shrubs, with yellow or ..."
2. Maryland Geological Survey by Maryland Geological Survey (1916)
"It resembles more or less some of the various leaves which have been identified as Colutea ... 99, pl. xxvii, figs. 7-11; pl. xliii, figs. 7, 8. Colutea ..."
3. Reports Dealing with the Systematic Geology and Paleontology of Maryland by Maryland Geological Survey (1916)
"US Geol. Survey, vol. xvii, p. 148, pl. xlii, figs. 8, 9. Colutea ... Torrey Bot. Club, vol. xxi, p. 56, pl. clxxiv, fig. 2. Colutea ..."
4. The Gardeners Dictionary: Containing the Methods of Cultivating and ...by Philip Miller by Philip Miller (1754)
"Ind. Silver jointed-pod- ded Colutea of Ceylon. 6. CORONILLA minima. ... Jointed-podded Colutea, with thick Pods and Seeds. ..."