Definition of Tribonema
1. Noun. Type genus of Tribonemaceae.
Generic synonyms: Protoctist Genus
Group relationships: Family Tribonemaceae, Tribonemaceae
Member holonyms: Conferva
Lexicographical Neighbors of Tribonema
Literary usage of Tribonema
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Treatise on the British Freshwater Algae by George Stephen West (1904)
"... are also of frequent occurrence in the genus tribonema. Sexual reproduction occurs by ... tribonema. ** Cell-walls hyaline, H-pieces not very evident; ..."
2. Fresh-water Biology by Henry Baldwin Ward, George Chandler Whipple (1918)
"tribonema Derbes and Solier. Filaments light green, soft to the touch. Length of cells one to several times the breadth, sometimes slightly swollen at the ..."
3. Memoirs of the Torrey Botanical Club by Torrey Botanical Club (1902)
"1883) merely furnishes a statement of the diameter, 14-16 p. We have seen no form with so great a diameter that could properly be associated with tribonema ..."
4. Manual of the Geology of Connecticut by William North Rice, Herbert Ernest Gregory (1908)
"Plants unicellular 2 Plants filamentous, cell wall firm, splitting into H- shaped pieces tribonema* 2. ... tribonema Derbes and Solier ..."
5. Effects of the Eruptions of Mount St. Helens on Physical, Chemical, and by Douglas B. Lee (1998)
"243) sampled Ryan Lake on September 11,1980, and on July 22, 1981. The authors identified Anabaena Bory, Microcystis Kutzing, tribonema Derbes and Solier, ..."