Definition of Tooled
1. Verb. (past of tool) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Tooled
1. tool [v] - See also: tool
Lexicographical Neighbors of Tooled
Literary usage of Tooled
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Notes and Queries by Martim de Albuquerque (1850)
"Antique Calf - - 0 14 0 Antique Morocco, tooled edges ... Mor, tooled edges 076 Taylor '(Isaac) Tbe Physical Theory of Another Life. 8vo. ..."
2. American Book Prices Current (1921)
"Lev. mor., tooled, by Derome, ge, by Allo. Avery, A., Nov. 10, '19. (956) $37.50. Carmina Omnia. Perpetuo Commentario ad Modum Joannis Introduction to Works ..."
3. The Encyclopaedia Britannica: A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature and (1910)
"Brown morocco, gold tooled, arms of Henry III., King of France. Bound by Nicholas Eve. Fig. ... Golden brown morocco, gold tooled. Bound by Miss EM MacColl. ..."
4. International Library of Technology: A Series of Textbooks for Persons by International Textbook Company (1905)
"Bookcovers, in general, may be divided into two classes: the tooled ... The tooled bookcover is entirely hand work, the printed book- cover entirely machine ..."
5. Book Auction Records by Frank Karslake (1905)
"side, an outer frame, formed of silvered and gt. lines, with scroll work ornamente at each side and at angles, surrounded by a broad border of blind tooled ..."
6. Works on Bookbinding, Practical and Historical: Examples of Bookbindings of by Columbia University Library, Avery Library, Samuel Putnam Avery, Charles Alexander Nelson, Vladimir Gregorievitch Simkhovitch (1903)
"Danish 19th century binding. Black calf, inlaid with yellow, red, light-brown, and light-blue calf. Inside borders gold- tooled with two-line fillets. ..."
7. Reinforced Concrete by Albert Wells Buel, Charles Shattuck Hill (1904)
"tooled Surfaces.—A method of finishing concrete surfaces which is preferred by ... In connection with tooled surfaces it is common to mold the concrete to ..."