Definition of Tetranychidae
1. Noun. Plant-feeding mites.
Generic synonyms: Arthropod Family
Group relationships: Acarina, Order Acarina
Member holonyms: Spider Mite, Tetranychid, Genus Panonychus, Panonychus
Lexicographical Neighbors of Tetranychidae
Literary usage of Tetranychidae
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. IPM (Integrated Pest Management) and Biological Control of Plant Pests by Jane P. Gates (1994)
"However, carbaryl consistently produced significantly higher densities of tetranychidae and lower densities of A. fallacis and Z. mali than BA, ..."
2. The Spider Book: A Manual for the Study of the Spiders and Their Near by John Henry Comstock (1912)
"These are the tetranychidae or "red-spiders" and the ... The tetranychidae (Tet-ra-nych'i-da;) are of considerable economic importance on account of their ..."
3. Biennial Report by California Dept. of Agriculture, California State Commission of Horticulture (1909)
"... vitis) still continues to be a very troublesome pest in some of our table grape sections. The red spiders and mites (tetranychidae and ..."
4. Annual Report by Maryland Agricultural Experiment Station (1907)
"Notwithstanding its popular name, this pest is in reality not a spider at all, but a tiny mite belonging to the family tetranychidae. It was first described ..."