Definition of Star sign
1. Noun. (astrology) one of 12 equal areas into which the zodiac is divided.
Category relationships: Astrology, Star Divination
Generic synonyms: Part, Region
Group relationships: Zodiac
Specialized synonyms: Aries, Aries The Ram, Ram, Bull, Taurus, Taurus The Bull, Gemini, Gemini The Twins, Twins, Cancer, Cancer The Crab, Crab, Leo, Leo The Lion, Lion, Virgin, Virgo, Virgo The Virgin, Balance, Libra, Libra The Balance, Libra The Scales, Scorpio, Scorpio The Scorpion, Scorpion, Archer, Sagittarius, Sagittarius The Archer, Capricorn, Capricorn The Goat, Goat, Aquarius, Aquarius The Water Bearer, Water Bearer, Fish, Pisces, Pisces The Fishes
Definition of Star sign
1. Noun. (astrology) Synonym of the astrological sign. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Lexicographical Neighbors of Star Sign
Literary usage of Star sign
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Treatise on the Principal Mathematical Instruments Employed in Surveying by Frederick Walter Simms (1844)
"J star 3 E — decreasing Ii . l following b \^ star Sign of Second Correction. Limb Cor- Moon. Obsd. rect. ..."
2. Rose-Belford's Canadian Monthly and National Review edited by Graeme Mercer Adam, George Stewart (1880)
"Shine on, star-sign of the new-born age ! By thy light we see that God furled the scroll Of the hopeless Past, on whose dismal page Lurked the terrible ..."
3. Municipal History of Essex County in Massachusetts by Benjamin F. Arrington (1922)
"... the company as manager until 1916, when he was offered better remuneration to manage the business of the star sign and Paint Company, also of Haverhill. ..."
4. The Jesuit Relations and Allied Documents: Travels and Explorations of the by Jesuits, Reuben Gold Thwaites (1901)
"Star, sign of," metaphor, 41, 99, 43, 81. Starlings, in France, 47, 143. Starved Rock, 111., La Salle at (1682), 57, 316, 59, 314. Statistics, books on, 71, ..."
5. St. Nicholas by Mary Mapes Dodge (1918)
"So, at His time appointed He set thee on thy way, With star-sign and with sun-sign To guide thee night and day; So thy ships led the thousands Across the ..."
6. Old Tavern Signs: An Excursion in the History of Hospitality by Fritz August Gottfried Endell (1916)
"The golden pattern of a star sign is woven into the soft lines of their compositions : " The Farewell,'' by Spitzweg, ..."