¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Shaley
1. shaly [adj SHALIER, SHALIEST] - See also: shaly
Lexicographical Neighbors of Shaley
shaley (current term)
Literary usage of Shaley
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Memoirs of the Geological Survey of India by Geological Survey of India (1876)
"The same has been the case with the drab shaley beds and overlying quartzite ... The drab shaley beds are to be seen underlying the local upper quartzite at ..."
2. History of Indiana from Its Exploration to 1922 by Logan Esarey, William F. Cronin (1922)
"Frederick William shaley, AB, MD, FACS, one of the talented and successful members of the medical profession at Terre Haute, was born in this city, ..."
3. Annual Report (new Series). by Geological Survey of Canada (1903)
"Uark shaley limestone .4 3 8. Light-blue and pink sandstone 15 9. ... Light-pink sandstone, very fine-grained with numerous partings of shaley limestone 23 ..."
4. The American Geologist: A Monthly Journal of Geology and Allied Sciences by Newton Horace Winchell (1897)
"In Olmsted and Fillmore counties this bed is a shaley limestone. ... bed follow strata of shaley. sometimes carbonaceous limestone, which, however, ..."
5. Records of the Geological Survey of India by Geological Survey of India (1878)
"Sandstone, brown and reddish-brown, compact, lateritic and shaley. 9. ... Sandstones- shaley, purple and buff with clayey partings. 6. Shale, sandy (local). ..."
6. The Coal and Iron Industries of the United Kingdom by Richard Meade (1882)
"02 Ironstone J Ironstone 03 Dark shaley bind 1 10 measures \ shaley bind 36 ... 0 2 shaley bind 22 Ironstone 03 shaley bind 22 From the outcrop of the ..."