2. Noun. An expensive caviar made from its eggs. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Sevruga
1. caviar from the Caspian Sea [n -S]
Lexicographical Neighbors of Sevruga
Literary usage of Sevruga
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Fishing and Hunting on Russian Waters by Oskar Andreevich Grimm (1883)
"... and is rarely to be found in the Black Sea, where it finds its way along with a number of other animals from the Mediterranean. The sevruga ..."
2. Cruising Cuisine for Home Entertaining by Elena Vakhrenova (2002)
"sevruga - small, dark grey to black eggs. sevruga has a buttery, strong and salty taste. As a low salt alternative, sevruga malossol is widely available. ..."
3. The Encyclopaedia Britannica: A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, and General by Thomas Spencer Baynes (1888)
"... its place is supplied by the sturgeon, the sterlet, and the sevruga, and economically at least by several species belonging to the perch family, ..."