Definition of Revolutionary armed forces of colombia
1. Noun. A powerful and wealthy terrorist organization formed in 1957 as the guerilla arm of the Colombian communist party; opposed to the United States; has strong ties to drug dealers.
Category relationships: Act Of Terrorism, Terrorism, Terrorist Act
Generic synonyms: Foreign Terrorist Organization, Fto, Terrorist Group, Terrorist Organization
Geographical relationships: Colombia, Republic Of Colombia
Lexicographical Neighbors of Revolutionary Armed Forces Of Colombia
Literary usage of Revolutionary armed forces of colombia
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Foreign Policies of the Soviet Union by Richard Felix Staar (1991)
"... 1989-1990 Chile Movement of the Revolutionary Left (MIR) Manuel Rodriguez Patriotic Front (FPMR) Colombia Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC), ..."
2. Crisis in Colombia: U.S. Support for Peace Process and Anti-Drug Efforts edited by Jesse Helms (1999)
"Colombian defense experts have estimated that the two major insurgent groups (the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC) and the National Liberation ..."
3. Toward Greater Peace and Security in Colombia: Forging a Constructive U.S by Bob Graham, Brent Scowcroft, Michael Shifter (2000)
"Both the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC) and the National Liberation Army (ELN) have deep political roots, dating back to the 1960s. ..."
4. Colombia's Killer Networks: The Military-paramilitary Partnership and the by Human Rights Watch/Americas, Arms Project (Human Rights Watch) (1996)
"By 1966, when the pro-Cuba Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (Fuerzas Armadas Revolucionarias de Colombia, FARC), which remains Colombia's largest ..."