Definition of Red sun
1. Noun. A small but violent terrorist organization formed in Ecuador in the early 1990s; responsible for bombing several government buildings.
Category relationships: Act Of Terrorism, Terrorism, Terrorist Act
Generic synonyms: Foreign Terrorist Organization, Fto, Terrorist Group, Terrorist Organization
Geographical relationships: Ecuador, Republic Of Ecuador
Lexicographical Neighbors of Red Sun
Literary usage of Red sun
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. St. Nicholas by Mary Mapes Dodge (1899)
"One sun might rise in orange, green, or blue, while another set in red or purple, and at times the two suns might mingle their beams, a red sun with a blue ..."
2. Report of the Annual Meeting (1848)
"The red sun had produced no photogenic effect, although the surrounding spaces had been sufficiently affected by the photogenic rays proceeding from the ..."
3. The Two Hague Conferences by Joseph Hodges Choate (1913)
"... pursuant to instructions from his government, Persia would claim as a distinctive flag for hospital ships, a white flag with a red sun, the cross being ..."
4. Popular Astronomy: A General Description of the Heavens by Camille Flammarion (1894)
"In the first place, there is no longer any night at any point of our globe : while the red sun illuminates one side of the earth, the blue sun lights up the ..."
5. Banzai! by Ferdinand Heinrich Gautoff (1908)
"Chapter VII THE red sun OVER THE GOLDEN GATE TOO-OO-OT, bellowed the whistle of a big steamer that was proceeding gingerly through the fog which enveloped ..."
6. Flags of the World by Byron McCandless, Gilbert Hovey Grosvenor (1917)
"The Japanese commanding officer's flag is a swallow-tail white, with the red sun and four rays, two vertical and two horizontal. 761. ..."