Definition of Psychological medicine
1. Noun. The branch of medicine dealing with the diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders.
Examples of category: Echolalia, Resistance, Paramnesia, Autism, Confabulation, Acting Out, Compensation, Conversion, Defence, Defence Mechanism, Defence Reaction, Defense, Defense Mechanism, Defense Reaction, Denial, Displacement, Idealisation, Idealization, Intellectualisation, Intellectualization, Isolation, Overcompensation, Projection, Rationalisation, Rationalization, Reaction Formation, Regression, Repression, Anorexia Nervosa, Disturbance, Folie, Mental Disorder, Mental Disturbance, Psychological Disorder, Anxiety, Anxiousness, Major Depressive Episode, Repress, Suppress, Analyse, Analyze, Psychoanalyse, Psychoanalyze, Confabulate, Expansive
Generic synonyms: Medical Specialty, Medicine
Specialized synonyms: Alienism, Mental Hygiene, Psychotherapeutics, Psychotherapy
Derivative terms: Psychiatric, Psychiatrical, Psychiatrist, Psychopathologic, Psychopathological
Lexicographical Neighbors of Psychological Medicine
Literary usage of Psychological medicine
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease by Philadelphia Neurological Society, American Neurological Association, Chicago Neurological Society, New York Neurological Association (1893)
"BS DICTIONARY OF psychological medicine. 2 Vols. 1476 pages. Edited by D. Hack Tuke, Philadelphia. 1892. This work, the first of the kind which has been ..."
2. The Practitioner by Gale Group, ProQuest Information and Learning Company (1869)
"The Quarterly Journal of psychological medicine and Medical Jurisprudence. Edited by WA HAMMOND, MD &c. Kew York : Appleton and Co. ..."
3. The Journal of Mental Science by Royal Medico-psychological Association (1872)
"... the American Journal of Insanity; the Quarterly Journal of Psychological Medicine, and Medical ..."
4. Chapters in the History of the Insane in the British Isles by Daniel Hack Tuke (1882)
"PROGRESS OF psychological medicine DURING THK LAST FORTY YEARS: 1841-1881.* IF, gentlemen, History be correctly defined as Philosophy teaching by examples, ..."
5. Chapters in the History of the Insane in the British Isles by Daniel Hack Tuke (1882)
"PROGRESS OF psychological medicine DURING THE LAST FORTY YEARS: 1841-1881.* IF, gentlemen, History be correctly defined as Philosophy teaching by examples, ..."