Definition of Psychical communication
1. Noun. Communication by paranormal means.
Generic synonyms: Communication
Specialized synonyms: Telepathy, Thought Transference, Telegnosis, Parapsychology, Psychic Phenomena, Psychic Phenomenon
Lexicographical Neighbors of Psychical Communication
Literary usage of Psychical communication
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Journal of Heredity by American Genetic Association (1920)
"The chief seat of the former is the germ-plasm; of the latter, the stream of psychical communication through which social organization and development take ..."
2. Proceedings of the Society for Psychical Research by Society for Psychical Research, Edmund Gurney (1889)
"MEANING OP "PSYCHICAL" COMMUNICATION. § 5. I hasten to explain what I mean by this distinction, which is Tery liable to be misunderstood, though it would be ..."
3. What is Meaning?: Studies in the Development of Significance by Victoria Welby (1903)
"Yet the whole object of physical communication—even on trade lines—is to facilitate and develop psychical communication, —even commercial or merely ..."
4. Philosophy of the Unconscious by Eduard von Hartmann (1893)
"... possible such a facile psychical communication of all the ganglionic cells of the anterior brain with one another, that their more vivid perceptions ..."