Definition of Psidium
1. Noun. Guavas.
Generic synonyms: Dicot Genus, Magnoliopsid Genus
Group relationships: Family Myrtaceae, Myrtaceae, Myrtle Family
Member holonyms: Guava, Guava Bush, Psidium Guajava, True Guava, Guava, Psidium Littorale, Strawberry Guava, Yellow Cattley Guava
Lexicographical Neighbors of Psidium
Literary usage of Psidium
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Select Extra-tropical Plants: Readily Eligible for Industrial Culture Or by Ferdinand von Mueller (1885)
"psidium cinereum, Martius. Brazil, provinces Minas Geraes and Sao ... Probably hardy in sub-tropic regions. psidium cuneatum ..."
2. The Magazine of Horticulture, Botany, and All Useful Discoveries and (1849)
"... the house should be fumigated with tobacco once before the flowers expand. Slaten Island, NY November, 1848. ART. VI. The Guava (psidium ..."
3. Select Extra-tropical Plants, Readily Eligible for Industrial Culture Or by Ferdinand von Mueller (1888)
"psidium Araca, Raddi.* From the West-Indies and Guiana to Peru and Southern Brazil, ... The greenish-yellow berry is of exquisite taste. psidium arboreum ..."
4. Paxton's Magazine of Botany, and Register of Flowering Plants by Joseph Paxton (1849)
"... scale do not like the turpentine flavour of the juice of the plant, for I have never found them on it in any quantity. They infest, however, psidium ..."
5. Catalogue of the African Plants by William Philip Hiern, Alfred Barton Rendle, Friedrich Martin Josef Welwitsch (1898)
"This plant is especially frequent about the fundas (caravan encampments) in company with Cleome and psidium. There is a rapid transition from the ..."